Posted on September 11, 2020 by Jenny Cromack
In the words of our Personal Trainer, Beth, this recipe ‘is banging’! A green lentil pasta dish with a creamy broccoli sauce! This healthy pasta recipe takes no time to put together, has a good healthy source of carbs and protein and the creamy sauce makes it feel a little indulgent!
The lentils give an extra boost of protein, but if you’re a meat eater we reckon this recipe would taste great with chicken instead of the lentils too.
- Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 medium sized florets of broccoli per person
- 1 tub no fat Quark
- Veg stock
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 50g lentils per person
- 50g wholegrain pasta per person
- Steam or boil your broccoli
- Cook the onion and garlic until soft
- Add the broccoli, onion and garlic to a blender with the quark and blitz. Then add small amounts of veg stock at a time until your sauce is at the required consistency (this will be your own preference)
- In a separate pan fry your mushrooms, then add the lentils (a small amount of water if required) and cook until the lentils are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whilst the above is cooking add some whole grain pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente/soft.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain. Then mix all of the ingredients together.
We hope you enjoy this healthy pasta recipe. Check out our other recipes on our blog.