Posted on August 07, 2018 by Emily Forbes
I’m going for a bit of yoga theme this week; although buddha balls are bit of a tenuous link to yoga. Buddha, Buddhism and yoga all have their roots in India and my friend from the yoga studio gave me the recipe. All the same, these are a yummy healthy snack/treat that you can whip up and enjoy regardless of their origins. I’ve made others before but these have to be my favourite recipe so far. You can thank me later!
- Dates – 200g (soak in a a bit of hot water for a bit to plump up the dates. Keep the water)
- Walnuts – half cup
- Oats – half cup
- Ground ginger – half tsp
- Ground turmeric -half tsp
- Linseed mix – 3 Tbs (Optional. I used Aldi linseed, sesame, raspberry and blueberry)
- Coconut oil – 1 Tbs (melted)
- Water – from soaked dates
- Desiccated coconut
- Blitz all the ingredients in a blender until a smooth paste is formed. Add the water a tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency. If it gets too sticky, add a few more oats. I let it sit in the fridge for a bit after blending to make it more manageable.
- When ready use a spoon to scoop a small amount of mixture then roll in the desiccated coconut to make bite sized balls.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy at leisure. I took these to a picnic at the weekend and they were very popular.
Easy and yummy. You won’t be disappointed. Another recipe I posted back in April was “Guilt Free Tiffin” so you can have a selection of natural food treats to impress your friends and family with. And keep an eye out, I’m still working on my nut free quinoa energy bars and plan to attempt some vegan chocolate too. Watch this space.
As always, don’t forget to tag us #tastytuesday @motive8_north