It’s only 6 weeks to go before Christmas….I know, I’m sorry to bring it up – but don’t panic! We’ve got a great Christmas Countdown workout for you that doesn’t need any more additional Christmas shopping as it’s entirely body weight exercises which will get that adrenaline pumping so will help to de-stress you and it can be done in the home. Final bonus…. it won’t take too much time up from your day so there’s no excuse for not fitting it in!
So here’s how it works. At the bottom of the page is a list of some of my FAVOURITE cardio exercises. Each week, you pick 6 exercises from the list – make sure you mix these up and don’t just pick the “easier” ones!! Then once each week, you will perform the exercises in the specified order:
- WEEK 1 – Perform the exercises as 45 seconds on and 15 seconds rest. Complete all 6 like this, rest for 1 min and repeat. 13 minute workout – BOOM
- WEEK 2 – perform the exercises in an add-on stylie i.e. exercise 1 for 30secs and rest for 30secs, exercise 1 for 30 secs and exercise 2 for 30secs and rest for 30secs and so on until you do all 6 exercises in a row. 13 and a half minute workout – BOOM Again!
- WEEK 3 – perform the exercises in a tabata format. So this would mean 3 tabatas with 1 minutes rest in between: tabata 1 is exercise 1&2, tabata 2 = exercise 3&4, tabata 3 = exercise 5&6. 15 minute workout – OOH GETTING HARDER!
- WEEK 4 – perform the exercises in a descending ladder i.e. exercise 1 for 90 seconds, exercise 2 for 75 seconds, exercise 3 for 60, 4 for 45, 5 for 30 and 6 for 15. There is NO REST between the exercises. After 2 minutes rest, go back up the ladder. 12 minutes and a half minute workout – NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK!
- WEEK 5 – perform the exercises in an AMRAP format. Pick 3 exercises, you’re going to do 10 reps of each exercises as many times as possible in 3 minutes. Note down how many rounds you do and have a minute’s rest. You’ll then pick another 3 exercises (6 exercises are ALWAYS required) and do the same thing, noting these down too. Guess what – then repeat to try and beat your previous amount of rounds. 16 minute workout – BOOM SHAKKA
- WEEK 6 – this is it! And we finish with a corker. Every single exercise listed below, back to back, for a minute each. 18 minute workout – WHAT A CRACKER!
Your exercises to choose from:
|Spotty Dogs||Squat Jumps||Tuck Jumps|
|Ninjas (jump forwards, run back)||Burpees||Sprint on the spot|
|Side to Side Jumps||Ski||Reverse Star Jumps|
|10 High Knees, 10 Low Knees||Squat Thrusts||Twist & touch|
|Surfers (lie on your chest, just up and to the side and get back down on your chest)||Side to Side shuffle||Forward, back, side to side jumps|
|Star Jumps||“Skip”||Squat Flutter|