Posted on April 24, 2018 by Emily Forbes
As promised to our Instagram followers, here is a guilt free tiffin recipe. I was introduced to this a few weeks ago and now can’t get enough of the stuff! Of course if you eat the whole block, it’s not guilt free! It’s also dead simple to knock together; well, if like me you have most of the ingredients in the cupboard!
The actual recipe calls for double the amounts I have used, but the below was plenty for just me.
- Half a cup of tahini
- 1 Tbs carob (the first time I made it with cacao because that’s all I had. It is much more indulgent)
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- Handful of raisins
- Handful of walnuts
- 1 Tbs coconut oil melted
- Goji berries (optional)
- Beat together tahini, carob and maple syrup.
- Next beat in raisins and walnuts.
- Lastly, mix in the melted coconut oil.
- Press the mix into a container. I just used one of those plastic take-away boxes.
- Push goji berries onto the top if you are using them.
- Place in the freezer for a short time to set.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy (I made 10 pieces)!
- Store in the fridge when you aren’t stuffing your face (it melts a bit if its warm out!)
I’m afraid I didn’t accurately measure the walnuts and raisins. So I have roughly calculated each piece to be around 130kcals. This is not only gluten free and vegan, but it’s also delicious!
Don’t forget to tag us in your pictures if you do make this @motive8_north. And check out more #Tuesdaytreat recipes here.