Posted on August 22, 2017 by Jenny Cromack
These healthy homemade lamb kebabs are a great option instead of a unhealthy take away kebab. To reduce the carbohydrate content we have used iceberg lettuce leaves. Fill them up with lots of other salad items and then add the meat for a delicious meal.
• 175g lean lamb leg steaks
• 200g lean minced lamb
• ½ diced onion
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• 1 ½ coriander
• 1 ½ cumin
• 1tsp of salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
Wraps – large iceberg lettuce leaves.
Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sliced cucumber, shredded red onion, gherkins, lemon wedges (for squeezing), chilli sauce. Anything you like really!
1. Preheat oven 200C. Trim the fat from the lamb steaks and cut into chunks. Put lamb chunks, lamb mince, onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper into the food processor and blitz until smooth
2. Place mixture into oiled roasting tray and cook for roughly 45 minutes until browned and cooked through. While cooking prepare salad mix.
3. Leave the cooked lamb to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Shave with a knife, or peeler, strips of the cooked lamb mixture.
5. Fill your lettuce leaves with salad and hot lamb and add a squeeze of lemon to enhance flavour.
We hope you enjoy these homemade healthy lamb kebabs as a nice alternative