Posted on November 13, 2018 by Ieuan Cranswick
Over Egging Your Burgers!
The following protein packed egg burger recipe is one that I very regularly indulge on. It is a very easy meal to prepare and cook, and also offers you a healthy injection of protein to fuel your training and fitness goals. If you are a fan of the traditional beef burger you will love the extra addition; a runny egg. All you need to construct this burger of beauty are the following ingredients.
What You Need!
- 500g lean beef/turkey/pork mince,
- 5 eggs,
- 1 small onion,
- Optional burger buns!
How To Prepare!
- Mix the mince into a bowl,
- Dice the onion and add to the mixture,
- Add and mix in 1 egg,
- Slightly wet your hands and mix the ingredients,
- Separate into 4 even balls,
- Squeeze these flat to desired patty thickness (too thick and they won’t cook through),
- Use a small cup or cutter to cut out a circle in the middle of each patty,
- Use excess meat to bulk out the rim of your burgers or keep to make added meatballs.
How to Cook!
- Seal the burgers for 3-5 mins in a frying pan,
- Then place them on a baking tray in the oven at 180 (depending on oven),
- Leave for 15 mins then take them out and crack an egg into the centre of each burger,
- Place back in the oven until the white of the eggs are cooked.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves and sliced beef tomato for carb free option.
This is a very tasty (but messy) treat for all you burger lovers. And here’s some more burger recipes as a double treat!