Posted on April 23, 2019 by Emily Forbes
Sometimes we just have no inspiration for what we want to do in the gym. Sometimes we don’t even want to do our regular programme. And sometimes we want to just add in something extra. The weekly workout which we have in the gym at motive8 is just for that, adapt it to your needs. It’s an all over body hit which will get the heart racing. So you can add it in as a little extra at the end of a session or do a few rounds to make it a short session. You’ll need a little bit of equipment but not much space. So why not give this workout pyramid a shot?
Five exercises. It’s a pyramid workout so the first round you’ll do 2 reps of each, second round you’ll add 2 reps so that you do 4 reps of each. Keep adding 2 reps until you do 10 reps of each exercise.
- Slam balls
- Squat jumps
- Press ups
- TRX rows
One round will take 5 minutes-ish, more or less depending on your fitness levels.
Mix it up:
- You could always do this workout as a weekly or monthly fitness test, trying to beat your time.
- Add on extra rounds with 90-second rest between each if you want more of a workout.
- You could go up and then down the pyramid
- Or make it a mega pyramid by going up to 20 reps.
- Make it a competition with a mate.
Train hard. Play hard. Have fun.