Posted on June 07, 2021 by Kate Halsall
Have you ever used mushrooms instead of bread buns for a burger, or lettuce as a taco shell? If you haven’t, then you should give it a try – it’s tastier than you may think! And here is another bread alternative to add to your list….. collard greens as a sandwich wrap. If you’ve ever tried keto or a low carb diet, you may already be familiar with lettuce wraps. Well the good people at “Delish” suggest these collard wraps instead. They definitely have more hold than lettuce that’s for sure!
What you’ll need to make 4 wraps
- 4 tbsp. hummus
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 handful shredded purple cabbage
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 3 oz. shredded chicken or sautéed tofu
- 4 large collard leaves, ribs removed
To put them together
Spread 1 tablespoon hummus in the middle of each leaf. Divide the veggies and chicken or tofu among the leaves and gently roll each up into a wrap. Hey presto, a quick and easy low carb lunch! For other lunch ideas, check out our blogs here.