Posted on July 03, 2020 by Jenny Cromack
Did you know this month is National Picnic Month? According to research most households go for three picnics a year. Quiche’s are great for a picnic but due to the pastry, they tend to be high in saturated fats so here’s a healthy version of a quiche courtesy of personal trainer, Beth. Actually, we should give Beth’s Mam credit here as this ‘no pastry quiche recipe’ is a recipe which she has passed down to Beth and is a firm family favourite!
· 1 small tub of low-fat cottage cheese
· 3 eggs
· Low calorie cooking spray
· Ingredients of your choice – Beth’s favourite is ham, onion and cheese! Jenny’s favourite is feta, tomato and mushroom.
· Spray your quiche / pastry dish with 1 kcal butter spray to prevent any sticking
· Beat your eggs into a mixing bowl then add in your cottage cheese.
· Once mixed add in the filing of your choice along with any seasoning.
· Once mixed pour into your baking dish, for decoration I add sliced tomatoes on top.
· Cook on a medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
Less eggs can be used or more depending on the texture and amount of filling used so you will know by the consistency. You should be able to slice this no pastry quiche when it’s cooked like a normal quiche.
We hope you enjoy this no pastry quiche recipe. To be honest, it could be enjoyed at any time of the year, and it’s handy to make for some healthy lunches or snacks throughout the week.
Fingers crossed for nice weather, happy picnic-ing!