Posted on June 04, 2021 by Kate Halsall
Here’s a super quick recipe for you. I tried these black bean burritos and they are mint! Vegetarian, full of protein and yummy – what’s not to like!
What you will need…
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ onion
- 1 tin of drained black beans
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp paprika (smoked if you have it!)
- ¼ tsp chilli (optional)
- 1 pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 1 avocado
- Cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Once hot, add in the chopped onion, garlic & pepper. After 2 minutes or until starting to golden, add in the drained black beans.
- Add in the ground cumin, paprika, chilli and sweetcorn and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and prepare tortilla wraps.
- Add the lettuce, avocado and salsa (preference on amount) then top with the black bean mix and finish with cheese if desired.
- Fold tortilla wrap, cut and enjoy!
You could of course make your own salsa, I went for pre-made so that I could eat quicker! Here’s another great recipe with black beans in it.