Posted on June 07, 2021 by Kate Halsall
Hello motive8 readers, Emily here. I hope you enjoyed reading about some holistic health tips to improve your health and fitness. This week I thought I’d share a weekly workout with you. Sometimes, you just want to try something new/different and don’t know what to do. This is a great session to do with a buddy (and Sam, one of our members, expressed that she enjoyed the session when I did it in class, a rarity lol). The session is what we like to call ‘The 100 reps workout’. But sshhh, I’ll secretly tell you that it’s actually 550 reps. ‘Easy!” I hear you say.
Basically, you have 10 exercises. Perform 10 of the first. Then repeat 10 of the first and add 10 of the second. Then 10 of the first, 10 of the second and 10 of the third. You get the gist. On the final round you’ll do 10 reps of 10 exercises and there are your 100 reps. I designed this session with upper body, lower body and cardio then did a separate abs session. You can do this body weight or add in weights for extra challenge. Feel free to swap some of the exercises, flip the exercise sequence around or go up then back down. So, here are my suggested 10 exercises (with notes/options):
- Glute bridges (glute band/feet elevated)
- Squats (glute band/weight)
- Side step touch downs (cardio – fast. Side step, side step, touch the floor. Either 10 total or 10 each side [E/S])
- Calf raises (weight)
- Mountain climbers (10 E/S)
- Shoulder press (body weight- from down dog position lower top of head towards floor and press hips back and up)
- Press ups
- Side lunge with bicep curl (with dumbbells lunge to the side, framing shin with weights, bicep curl as you step back to standing. Body weight – no bicep curls. 10 in total or E/S)
- Walkouts (walk hands into high plank position and walk back to standing. Be sure to pick up your hands)
3-6 mins, continuous: 30secs active abs (eg. Dead bugs, ab cycles) 30secs plank.
Let us know if you enjoyed it as much as Sam did. Don’t forget to tag us on social media @motive8_north with all your fitness and food pics!