Posted on February 05, 2019 by Alex Parry
Looking for a simple, quick meal that’s vegetarian friendly and actually tastes decent? I’ve got you covered. Here’s one of my favourite vegetarian-friendly sausage pasta recipes that’s packed full of protein and packed full of flavour. It’s a great meal for food prep too!
9 Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausages (1.5 boxes)
300-400g Pasta (About 1/3 of most regular packets)
1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
4-5 mushrooms, chopped (I prefer chestnut mushrooms but any will do fine)
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
For the sauce you need blitz up 6 ripe tomatoes (or use a tin of tomatoes), 2 garlic cloves and some mixed herbs. If you do use a basic store bought sauce, check the sugar and salt content!
1/2 to 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (Optional, but they really add to the flavour)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon oil
1) Pop all the faux-sausages in a pre-heated oven at around 180 degrees
2) Boil up 1/2 a pan of water and add your pasta
3) After about 10-15 minutes take the sausages out of the oven and slice them up
4) Throw the chopped sausages into a frying pan with the oil as well as the chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms, fry everything for around 3-5 minutes
5) Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and cook on a low heat for a further 3-5 minutes
6) Sneaky step – optional – Add grated cheese (Maybe skip this step if you’re trying to reduce calories)
Total Prep & Cook Time: Approx. 20-25 minutes
Total Protein: 95-100g
Makes: 3-4 Servings
There you go, a quick, simple and tasty vegetarian friendly meal with a decent amount of protein! Let us know what you think, and if you’re looking for more vegetarian friendly meals, why not try this 3 Bean Chilli Recipe.