Posted on May 16, 2020 by Jenny Cromack
These carrot fritters are simply AMAZING! and as it’s National Vegetarian Week it would be rude not to share this carrot fritter recipe with you.
For a great main meal serve with two poached eggs and salad, but if you want something lighter then serve with a nice salad and a Greek yoghurt dip. They are also really easy to make and it’s likely you’ll have most of the ingredients in your cupboards.
This recipe makes around 4 fritters.
125g carrots – grated
1-2 tsp cumin (depending on your taste)
1 tsp harissa paste – the harissa paste gives these fritters a bit of a kick so if you would like them less spicy then you can skip the harissa….they still taste amazing just using cumin
1 x egg (for the fritters)
3-4 tbsp self raising flour.
Small amount of vegetable oil for cooking
1-2 eggs per person to poach and serve with the carrot fritters.
Salad to serve with.
- Pre-heat the oven to keep the carrot fritters warm whilst you are cooking the others.
- Grate the carrots into a bowl and leave to one side.
- In a bowl add 1 x egg, cumin, harissa (if you’re using it) and flour and mix well together until you have a smooth batter and then add the carrots in.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Using a piece of kitchen roll spread the oil around the pan so the base of the pan is coated in oil. Add a dollop of the mixture and press down to make a ‘burger’ shape.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on one side until lightly browned, then turn and cook for 3-5 minutes on the other side.
- Whilst the fritters are cooking poach 1-2 eggs per person.
- Keep the fritters warm in the oven whilst cooking the others.
- Serve with the poached eggs on top of the fritters and a nice salad.
These carrot fritters also taste fabulous with feta…..when you’re making the fritter mix sprinkle in 50g of feta when adding the carrot to the mixture and stir in well. A taste sensation when they are cooked and the warm feta hits your taste buds!
I must say I’m not a fan of carrots on their own, but you must try this carrot fritter recipe….so easy to make and tastes great!