Posted on May 05, 2020 by Jenny Cromack
I love this healthy egg fried rice recipe at the moment. It’s super quick and easy to make and is often a go to dish of mine if I’m tight on time and want some healthy and satisfying. My toddler also loves this too, as I’m normally cooking it for the whole family including him, I cut the veg quite small but if you like a bit of texture and crunch then leave the veggies a little bigger.
I’m a veggie so I cook the recipe as below, but you could add chicken or prawns to the recipe too and I’m sure it would still be tasty.
The following recipe serves 4 people
Small knob of ginger, finely grated.
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
Vegetable stock – ideally low salt if possible.
A selection of veggies, diced. I like using peppers, mushrooms and baby sweet corns.
240g long grain rice (you need approx.. 60g per person, so adapt as needed if cooking for more or less people)
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp soy sauce.
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet but add ½ veggie stock cube as it’s cooking. I like the low salt Kallo stock cubes.
- Add a small amount of oil to a pan, add the ginger and garlic to the oil for 2-3 minutes, then add the veggies and cook until soft.
- Pop the cooked veggies to one side.
- Whisk the eggs, add some oil to a frying pan, then add the whisked eggs. You want to make sure the eggs cover the pan as you will be making an omelette from the eggs.
- When the rice is ready, drain.
- When the omelette is cooked, leave in the pan but ‘shred’ or chop into small pieces. Add the rice and vegetables, add the lemon juice and soy sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes.