Posted on April 04, 2020 by Jenny Cromack
I made these bars for the first time this week, admittedly they were taken from a weaning book for my son, but hey who cares…they’re pretty tasty and really simple to make. I got my son involved in making these with me but if you want a tidier kitchen at the end maybe stick to making them by yourself!
25g chopped pumpkin seeds
25g ground almonds
25g sesame seeds
Ok – here’s the cheat….I just used 75g of a pack of milled linseed, goji berries and pumpkin seeds instead of the ingredients above!
Handful raisins or chopped apricots
3 tbsp honey
100g rapeseed oil
2 x ripe bananas
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4.
- Cover a baking tray (around 20cm x 30cm) with grease proof paper
- If you’re using a pre-mixed bag of seeds, etc like me then pop 75g of the mix in a bowl. If not then chop the pumpkin seeds into small pieces then add to a bowl then add the ground almonds and sesame seeds.
- Add all of the other ingredients, apart from the bananas, to the bowl.
- Mash the bananas and then add to the bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray, then press down well with the back of the spoon. You want a nice even layer so the bars cook evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and mark into bars – the recipe should make around 24 bars.
- Leave the bars to cool before cutting up.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days, the bars can also be frozen.
We hope you enjoy this healthy fruit and nut bar recipe.