Posted on June 26, 2019 by Kate Halsall
Whilst I would love this to be step aerobics, it’s not. That didn’t stop the classes I did this with think that they may have to brush up on their mambo chasse technique! But no, this is a step workout that simply uses – a step! That’s it. It doesn’t have to be a traditional aerobic step either. It can be one of your stairs or an outdoor step, a chair or bench.
Once you’ve decided what step you are using, you just need a stop watch. There are only 6 exercises. Each exercise is 45 seconds on with 15 seconds off. Once you’ve done all 6 exercises, rest for 45 seconds and do it again. Try for 3 times in total – it’s a 20 minute workout.
- 10 jumps on the step, then 10 squats (bum must touch the step). Repeat for 45 seconds.
- Hands on the step and do 10 pressups followed by 10 tricep dips. Repeat for 45 seconds.
- 2 plank walk ups onto and off the step followed by 10 fast mountain climbers. Repeat for …you know!
- Do 20 taps on the step followed by 10 squat jumps. You know how long you need to do it for….
- 10 squats stood on the step, 10 squats off the step, then put one foot on (front or back) the step and do 10 lunges each leg. Try and do this twice in the 45 seconds.
- With one foot on the step, do 10 knee drives; 10 on the other leg and then 10 step ups. Do it for 45 seconds etc.
You need to warm up first and definitely stretch afterwards – especially your calf muscles! When you are stepping or foot placing on the step, ensure it is the full of your foot and not just the ball of it. We don’t want any injuries!
If you’re looking for other workouts with minimum kit requirements, try this one for size!
Picture from Pixabay.