Posted on October 08, 2018 by Emily Forbes
Tried and tested on my clients, class members and myself, I bring you the killer body weight pyramid circuit. Who knew six exercises could be so effective. Targeting the whole body and cardio system, sure to leave you feeling like you’ve worked for it. Also sure to leave you pretty sore for a few days too, I certainly was.
This took me 50 minutes to complete. It could probably be done quicker but it was my second training session of the day and I had also just completed the monthly challenge (50 burpees for time- in case you wanted a little extra spice).
You can complete them in any order you want but think the order they are in below worked well.
- Press ups
- Squat jumps
- Tricep dips (bench/chair required)
- Jumping lunges
- Star jumps
- Perform 2 reps of each exercise followed by 4 reps then keep adding 2 on until you reach 20. Once you’ve reached 20 (only do 20 once) make your way back down to 2.
- So it will be 2 burpees, 2 press ups, 2 squat jump, 2 tricep dips, 2 jumping lunges and 2 star jumps. Then 4 burpees, 4 press ups, 4 squat jumps etc.
- Perform the circuit at your own speed and take rest when you need but keep it as little as possible.
- Try to push yourself through the circuit but modify where needed, press ups on knees, or just body weight squats or lunges, just don’t stop!
- Stretch when you’re done, legs all over, chest and triceps!
If you don’t have 50 minutes to spare, why not try Kate’s 5 minute body weight HIIT circuit. As always, don’t forget to tag us in your fitness and food pics @motive8_north #motive8north