Posted on June 11, 2019 by Kate Halsall
I’ll be entirely honest. I wasn’t convinced by this workout until I tested it! On paper, whilst I knew it would be physically challenging, I just wasn’t sure. A 10 minute dumbbell workout isn’t everyone’s cup of tea! I played around with it a little – added one whole cardio round in it – and then tested it. Bingo. A great workout with just a pair of dumbbells.
There has to be rules with this kind of thing! So here they are:
- The exercises are performed for a minute each.
- There is no rest between the exercises. You move from one to another to another.
- Perform the exercises in this specific order.
- You’re trying to complete as many repetitions with good form as possible.
- Warm up first.
- Set your stop watch or timer and go for it.
- Floor Press
- Renegade Rows
- Single Leg Glute Bridge (change legs after 30 seconds)
- Cardio – 1 minute of any cardio you want. I mixed it up between high knees, star jumps and spotty dogs
- 1 Wide 1 Narrow Press Up (ok, I realise this isn’t with dumbbells, but hey!)
- Reverse Fly
- Shoulder Press
- Russian Twists
If that’s not enough for you – I have another 10 exercises!
- Curtsy Lunge
- Lateral Raise
- Tricep Extension
- Hammer Curl
- Cardio – I just repeated what I did above
- Upright Rows
- Front Raises
- Side Lunges
- Toe Touches
And as my music says “you have reached the end of your workout”. Breathe. Grab a drink and relax. Time flies doesn’t it!! If this 10 minute format for a workout suits you, try this one for size too.