Posted on May 29, 2019 by Kate Halsall
Here’s a workout which does exactly what it says on the tin. A body weight triple. In that there are 3 rounds; you do each round for 3 minutes; and you do them 3 times. You need something to mark out an area approx 20 metres. This could just be whatever you have to hand – like jumpers for goal posts in the good old days! Then you just need a stop watch and some energy! If you don’t have time to do each round 3 times – just do what you can.
Set your timer and get ready to work!
- Lunge walk from one end of the area to the other
- Once you’re there, do 10 x squat jumps and 10 x press ups
- Then RUN back to the starting point and repeat.
- Complete 10 x full range squats (ATG if you can) and then bear crawl to the other end of the marked out area
- Once you’re there, broad jump all the way back to the starting point and repeat.
- Perform 5 x plank walk outs
- On the last walk out, remain in press up or full plank position
- Complete 5 x single legged mountain climbers on each leg (leg up in the air then down across the body to the chest)
- Then onto your back with your feet in the air and do 10 x toe touches.
I want to say “simples” but I tested it on my class on Friday, and it really wasn’t! We actually did each round for 3 minutes, then repeated each round for 2 minutes and ran out of time before repeating for 1 min. So how you use these rounds is entirely up to you. Regardless, you need to push yourself. That said, this is a great one to do with other people so that you can compete against them!
If you like this workout and are ready for another challenge, try this additional body weight HIIT one for size!